NOTICE OF VIRTUAL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given that the 33rd Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Aluworks Limited will be held online i.e. virtually via ZOOM on Thursday November 26, 2020 at 10 O’clock in the forenoon to transact the following ordinary business:
1. To receive and consider the Reports of the Directors, Auditors and the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2019.
2. To ratify the appointment of Directors.
3. To re-elect Directors.
4. To fix the remuneration of the Directors.
5. To confirm the Auditors remuneration for the year ended December 31, 2019 and to authorise the Directors to fix the remuneration of the Auditors for the year ending December, 31 2020.
1. To change the name of the company from Aluworks Limited to Aluworks PLC in compliance with the provisions of the Companies Act 2019, Act 992.
2. To amend the Company’s Regulations/Constitution to accommodate the holding of Annual General Meetings by electronic or virtual means where the Directors deem it necessary to do so.
Dated this 23rd day of October, 2020
By Order Of the Board
ACCRA NOMINEES LIMITED
1. The Annual General Meeting shall be strictly virtual in line with the Restrictions Act, 2020 (Act 1012). Virtual attendance shall be online and shall be regulated as per Paragraph 4 below.
2. A member of the company entitled to attend and vote may appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his/her stead. A proxy need not be a member of the company. Completed proxy forms should be deposited at the offices of the Registrars Universal Merchant Bank Limited, 123 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue, Sethi Plaza, Adabraka, Accra, P. O. Box GP401, Accra not less than 48 hours before the appointed time of the meeting. Failure to submit the forms before the 48 hour deadline will result in the Proxy not being admitted to, or participating in, the meeting. A Form of Proxy is provided in the Annual Report, and on the company website.
3. Notice is hereby given that in accordance with a communiqué from the Ghana Stock Exchange dated 4 February 2016 and per section 335A of the Companies Act 1963 (Act 179) as amended by the Companies (Amendment) Act 2012 (Act 835), the Annual Report and Financial Statements of Aluworks Limited has been made available to shareholders. Thefull electronic version of the Annual Report and Financial Statements has been posted on the website of the company
as follows: www.aluworks.com. Shareholders are advised to visit the website well before the Annual General Meeting.
In addition Full electronic copies of the Annual Report and Financial Statements shall be forwarded to the e-mail accounts of all shareholders individually. All shareholders who have not provided their e-mail addresses and mobile numbers to the Registrars (UMB Registrars, Sethi Plaza, Adabraka) should do so urgently.
4. Virtual Requirements. To allow shareholders to virtually participate in the meeting, link/access codes with appropriate detail will be sent to each shareholder before the meeting. Link Access codes will be sent to each participating shareholder to enable them ask questions and to vote during the meeting.
It is therefore of utmost importance that shareholders who have not provided their e-mail addresses and mobile addresses to the Registrars (UMB Registrars, Sethi Plaza, Adabraka) should do so urgently.
5. The UMB Registrar Address is as follows:
Harriet Antwi; Head/Registrars Dept;
Mobile: 0244135839; Tel: +233 302 226112/220952
Toll-Free Lines: MTN 0800-100880; Vodafone & Airtel 0800-10088;
Other Lines 0302 633988